Therapy is always targeted and administered in cooperation with other highly specialized groups of professional healthcare providers (hand surgeons, physiotherapists, occupational therapists/ergotherapists, hand therapists etc.). Our most common surgical interventions performed on the hands and wrists include osteosynthesis procedures (stabilization of fractured bones) in the wrist and middle hand (metacarpus) as well as carpal tunnel release for CTS and A1 tendon pulley release for trigger finger.
INJURIES AND DISEASES
OF THE HAND & WRIST
The hand is our most diverse and precise tool, even the most minor impairments can have a huge impact. The treatment principle that mandates reinstatement of functional ability to the full extent deserves special mention here.
A diverse range of diseases can manifest themselves in the hand. Frequently, we see:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS, nerve compression syndrome)
- Dupuytren contracture (nodules in the palm of the hand with limitation of motion)
- Trigger finger (snapping finger)
- Fractures (e.g. of the wrist and middle hand, metacarpus)
- Ligament injuries (e.g. skier’s thumb)
- Other soft tissue injuries, e.g. triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) lesions
- Rheumatic diseases, frequently affecting the hands/fingers)
WHAT WE DO
FOR WRISTS & HANDS
Usually, the clinical examination is followed by X-ray-diagnostics (digital X-ray featuring better image quality and reduced radiation exposure) as well as an ultrasound (sonography) for soft tissue diagnostics or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans.
So that you can get well informed online before your consultation with one of our specialists, we have created a link for you to peruse a comprehensive orthopaedic glossary.
Our practice team is young, dynamic and sincerely friendly. As a patient, athlete or sports lover, you are at the focus of all we do. Find out more about our excellently trained team and who’s responsible for what tasks.